English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Analyzing Rhetorical Situations

Go down

Analyzing Rhetorical Situations Empty Analyzing Rhetorical Situations

Post  Luo Yajie Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:03 am

Rhetorical situation contains four components which are writer, reader, text, and medium. When I am going to express something to others, I am the writer. The reader could be the people I want to attract, friends, parents or sometimes strangers. The topic I choose to express to my audiences is the text. The last one medium refers to the approaches I decide to spread out my ideas. Choosing a proper way to communicate with readers will help attain writers' goals.
When I write online, I think I appeal most to pathos. I would like to express my emotion because emotion is deliciously evocative. When I understand what are readers' feelings, I can find a better way to persuade them to agree with my opinions. It is important to show my sincere and friendly expression so I would like to interact with my readers. I will choose fewer logos and ethos. However, when I really need statistics or I need to write seriously, it is necessary to use logos and ethos.

Luo Yajie
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down