English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhetorical situations and analysis

Go down

Rhetorical situations and analysis Empty Rhetorical situations and analysis

Post  taylorfoster Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm

To me rhetorical situation means that you are using some sort of communication to communicate with others. This communication could involve letters, texts, emails, etc. When you are using a rhetorical situation or reading a rhetorical situation you are also using rhetorical analysis. Rhetorical analysis is when you are deciding with your commonsense what the most effective way to communicate with someone is. For example certain things you tell someone would deserve a letter instead of a text, deciding whether to write a letter or whether to send a text to someone is rhetorical analysis.
When I write online I think I appeal most to logos. To appeal to logos you focus on reason and logic. Most of my writings include evidence and support to back up what I’m trying to say. I do, however, think that this depends on the situation. If I am writing about something personal I appeal more to pathos by using more emotion, but mostly everything I have written I would say I appealed more to logos.

taylorfoster
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down