English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Project Prewriting

5 posters

Go down

Final Project Prewriting Empty Final Project Prewriting

Post  Alextate Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 pm

For my final project, I would like to make a prezi that follows the Fibonacci spiral. In each box of the curve, I would add more information, such as the beginning being the into, and each other box being about something else. I would like to make it that the first box is about architecture, and I could talk about the Parthenon or Notre Dame. Next, I would like the next box to be about fine art, such as Di Vinci's Vitruvian man or the Mona Lisa. After that box, the next one would be about the effect that the golden ratio has towards nature, and I could place videos showing people going around and counting the eyes of pineapples or the seeds on a flower. Finally, the final box would be about the validity of the golden ratio, and not just towards the mathematics, but the influence that many of the concepts have toward life.
Overall, I think that my project is going to be more informative than it will be funny or humorous. I was really surprised in the last class when no one knew about the golden ratio of the Fibonacci sequence. Hopefully with this project, I will be able to introduce the golden ratio in an easy way to understand, but also in a way that people can remember.

Alextate
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Final Project Prewriting Empty Re: Final Project Prewriting

Post  OliviaPeterkin Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 pm

This Fibonacci spiral sounds interesting! I would encourage you to explain what it is in your prezi though. Also, did you plan on just talking about those famous architectural structures or do you plan on including pictures/visuals? clown

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  adamlowe Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm

I agree with Olivia I think this could be interesting however I also know it will be confusing to some so make sure you really go in to depth of what it actually is before you do anything else. Sounds like a good idea though.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Final Project Prewriting Empty Final idea

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:07 pm

This is a very neat idea! Not many people know anything about the sequence or the perfect ratio however we see these things around us all the time. The use of the sequence as your design for your prezi is brilliant as well. It will give the people viewing your presentation more insight with less writing for you. Great idea

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 pm

You seem to have given this a lot of thought. I feel like if you not careful you could maybe bore the reader a little bit. Make sure you spice the information up, so that the reader is not bored.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Final Project Prewriting Empty Final Project

Post  DanielSherwood Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 am

Honestly I wouldn't worry about boring your readers at all. When reading or learning about something such as the sequence or the perfect ratio, most readers will be very interested simply because it is something that shows up countless times in our everyday lives yet we don't notice at all. Go with it...

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum