English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

assignment for friday

4 posters

Go down

assignment for friday Empty assignment for friday

Post  mackenzie_lafayette Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 am

One of the articles I chose to read went over how economics work in fashion. An explanation of how trends come about and how they stay was offered and explained. Factors effecting how people like to dress and how trends come about is said to be a reflection of social, economic, political, and cultural changes. It reflects that time in history and that time is usually remembered for the fashion. The way individuals dress has changed over time. Now most look for comfort in their everyday clothing choices and it is no longer unacceptable to go out in pants or even sweatpants.

DeLong, Marilyn Revell. "Fashion, Theories of." Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion. Ed. Valerie Steele. Vol. 2. Detroit: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2005. 21-27. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 25 Nov. 2012.

The other article I read went over some things that will be important in my paper. An explanation of how skirt lengths have been raised and lowered in a consistent cycle with how the economy is at that particular time. "classic" trends, when an item stays in style for many years and does not necessarily finish the fashion cycle. This item is an everyday piece that most will spend a lot of money on because it is known that it will be in style for a long time. Many more ways that trends come about was explained and I really think this article will be a huge help in writing my research paper on how economic issues effect fashion trends.

Toward Formalizing Fashion Theory
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

mackenzie_lafayette
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

assignment for friday Empty Re: assignment for friday

Post  adamlowe Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:57 pm

This should be very interesting to see and compare the different time periods and how they are remembered because of their fashion. THere should be plenty of information for you to use. Make sure you are always using credible sources.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  OliviaPeterkin Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:50 am

I like the whole economics effect on fashion bit. I never thought about how people's finances could dictate style. Interesting topic! tongue

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

assignment for friday Empty reply

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm

This should be interesting because you seem to know a lot about this topic and you seem to understand it. Its hard to find such a topic in which people understand and feel like it is important to feel passionate about these kinds of topics.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down