English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God and science can coexist.

3 posters

Go down

God and science can coexist. Empty God and science can coexist.

Post  Han Han Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 pm

I don't think God and science can coexist ,until I met a priest.There is little chance for me to know religions when I lived in China.We went to school every day ,completed our homework,had fun with friends.Life was so natural.Usually,old people would like to believe there is a Buddism God who can protect us,but I doubt that.Because sovereign use this to rule people,to consolidate his power.I learned a little about other religions on my history class.I think most religions are just tools for rulers . I know how the world exist,because we have already learned the "Big bang theory".And also elements composed everything in this world.It seems that every single thing can be explained by science sooner or later.
The priest is a instructor in university.There is a english club,that's why I know him.One day,we had a BBQ party at his house.Students including me talked with him,and we heard a story like this:
When he was young,he was so smart and always got good grades.He has a doctor father who helped him choosing the major -----medical science.Because of the payment for doctors and his intelligence,he never thought there will be a change about his life.But when he was doing the autopsy,he thought that no matter how good he is,people will die.He wants to do something that can save a person throughly.So he gave up his career.Of course his parents got so angry and also his wife left him.But he came to Taiwan and began to be a priest.
I don't want to believe that there is a God watching us.But if there is a God,it must be Christian God.The reason lies in the Bible,which is a book about love.Only Christian God is a God of love.There do exist a word called soul.And existence is reasonable.Although you can explain everything by science,but also a great person's soul shall never die.We need God to be a better person.We need him to create world a better place.And that's why I want to believe that God and science can coexist.

ps.I mainly use the pathos to make my article convincing.Based on the topic,I think there might be people who have their own bliefs,no offense.I am just telling a story and showing people the perspective of mine. (to Captain Eric,spend a little time writing about rhetorical situation,right? ) tongue

Han Han
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

God and science can coexist. Empty Re: God and science can coexist.

Post  Boyu Shen Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:03 pm

You told a very interisting story,this attract me(or ather readers)to complate this reading.I really admire that you can meet a pastor.'cause I awlays want to meet a pastor,I think only a sage can be a astor,I want to listern to his teaching about life,society,and pilosophy.That can be a good chance to acquire knowledge.I agree with your pinion,there are some things that science can't give an exact explain, we choose god as our spiritual ballast,not only give explain to things that science can't give,but also build a home for our soul. rabbit
Boyu Shen
Boyu Shen
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

God and science can coexist. Empty REPLY

Post  YoungBin Ha Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:43 am

Very interesting example. I read this post really smoothly. Agree what you saying absolutely; in the world, there are lots of events which science cannot explain. However, in my opinions, i think your opnions are vaguely. You wrote at the very first post 'i dont think god and science can coexist' but the end you saying 'that's why i want to believe that god and science can coexist', confused about what your main statements. I think you need to make this post more united topics and one conclusion, very an attractive story though.

YoungBin Ha
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

God and science can coexist. Empty Re: God and science can coexist.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down