English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhetorical situation and analysis

+7
Yanzc
milan_chen
lzh
kelly1994
WBK95
Sailor WAN
Yingying
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rhetorical situation and analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Rhetorical situation and analysis

Post  Sailor WAN Tue May 12, 2015 12:56 am

Sailor WAN wrote:
Yingying wrote:
I don’t know the relationship between voyeurism and exhibitionism, are they similar?
Voyeurism is one want to see others' secrets. Just like the example Eric given, "box or brief?".
Exhibitionism is one want to show others his own secrets.
IS IT MY COMMENTS? I FORGET IT. SORRY

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Rhetorical situation and analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Rhetorical situation and analysis

Post  Sailor WAN Tue May 12, 2015 12:59 am

Yingying wrote:i am hungry, i want eat the cupcakes, i want an A Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
I want an A too. Basketball Basketball Basketball
I want to eat cupcakes you made!

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN Tue May 12, 2015 1:04 am

Yingying wrote:
WBK95 wrote:
Yingying wrote:Literacy story 1:
When I was a five years old girl, my grandmother, who was good at calligraphy, especially for brush calligraphy, influenced me a lot during my life.  Whenever she wrote brush calligraphy, I always sat beside her. As a result, I was  influenced by her deeply and had a great interest in calligraphy. One day, my grandmother taught me how to write beautiful calligraphy, which shaped me into a girl who can always persist in doing everything and brought me perseverance.

Literacy story 2:
When I was a little child, my mother sent me to the cultural palace to learn ballet. I learned ballet for several years, although sometimes I hurt my body carelessly, my dance ability improved a lot. Thanks to ballet, which gives me a slim and healthy figure.

Literacy story 3:
As a young child my mother always told me stories to go to sleep. Sometimes it would be stories that were passed on from her childhood and other times she would grab a book such as peter pan, the three little pigs, Pinocchio and a plethora of other children’s books,  to read aloud as I fell asleep.  Now that I reflect upon it, there was always a moral to the story, whether it was honesty, loyalty, or responsibility. There was always a good value to take from the story, which in turn has taken effect in the person that I consider myself to be today. As I grew older the books got deeper, especially when I went to school. From the first day I ever went to school, to the last day of high school, and now into college there has not been one day that I haven’t had to read something.

I really want to study ballet because I think that was very elegant and beautiful. I did not sick on it, so I quit it in my childhood.

well, i only learned for a very short period of time. i think i should do more exercises to keep fit now

I wanT your cupcakes !!!

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanzc Wed May 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Sailor WAN wrote:
Yingying wrote:As a dessert enthusiast, I select a blog about “Cherry buttermilk cupcakes”. The most impressive part for me is that the blogger uses several eye-catching cupcake pictures, which quite arouse readers’ appetites. Besides this medium, the blogger also use very friendly words to express the advantages of “flat cupcakes” over “dome-shaped cupcakes”,which will minimally cause quarrel among fans of two types’ cupcakes. The writer seems to have a lot of freedom in the blog as long as she stays focused on the main topic of benefits of making flat cupcakes. The blogger clearly draws her topic by saying” Today we are discussing flat verses curvy cupcakes.” at the beginning of her blog, she briefly describes buttermilk cupcakes outside: loading with tart cherry chunks that piled with creamy cherry frosting. Then, showing us attractive cupcake picture. This blog mainly compares differences between flat cupcakes and curvy cupcakes. We have to admit that dome-shaped cupcakes are visually appealing; however, the blogger tries to make an argument for flat cupcakes. Flat cupcakes can also be pretty if we add more leavening and a little more flour. These will also give flat cupcakes the desirable dome-top. As for the bonus point, flat cupcakes allow more room for piles of cherry frosting, making them better texture than dome-shaped cupcakes. It makes us realized that what inside is more important than the outside.

In my opinion, the ideal audience should mainly be housewives, who have plenty of time to study how to make delicious desserts for their husbands and kids. However, as a young girl, I believe that we can also be the ideal audience, for the reason that we are creative and always want to challenge ourselves to attempt new methods to improve the mouthfeel of cakes. Lastly, after passing my eyes over these lovely pink cupcakes pictures, which melting color candy into a heart shape and decorating on the top of cakes, I discover that these whimsical cupcakes are the perfect way to commemorate Valentines Day! The ideal audience can also be lovestruck people, who want to make a unique DIY gift for their lovers.

After I carefully scan comments beneath the blogs, it is not surprising that only few people quarrel with each other for the sake of dome-shaped cupcakes, because the writer’s expression are so kind and friendly, she always uses persuasive examples to illustrate benefits of flat cupcakes. Also, she admitted that dome-shaped cupcakes are more beautiful. But we can also improve flat cupcakes' shape by adding small crumbs and leavening to them. Happily, most of them pay a tribute to the methods of flat cupcakes. People don’t care if it’s flat or domed, just as long as it tastes good. These superb pictures lead people realize that flat cupcakes can also be pretty and cute. It leads people to realize that the inner is more imperative than the outside.

It is easy to see that the writer use friendly words throughout this blog. Personally speaking, the most successful part in this blog is that, at first the writer emphasizes dome-shaped cupcakes for it picturesque looking, in my opinion, it is more acceptable for enthusiasts of domed cupcakes, which will avoid disputes among the audience. In the following paragraphs, the writer mainly makes a series of conflicting statements about the advantages of flat cupcakes, which will make the audience think deeply that mouthfeel is more important than the outside. As a result, on one hand, fans of domed cupcakes may try flat cupcakes next time; on the other hand, fans of flat cupcakes will use this method to let their cupcakes as attractive as curvy cakes. Happily, audience will exchange their experiences of making cupcakes with each other, instead of quarreling with each other. I feel like this is what the writer hopes.

here's the blog link:
http://www.aspicyperspective.com/2012/02/buttermilk-cupcakes-cherry-frosting.html

I am a dessert enthusiast too.
Rhetorical situation and analysis - Page 2 Buttermilk-cupcakes-cherry-frosting4
Looks GOOD.
I am hungry right now.

Looks great! But unfortunately I'm overweight.

Yanzc
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo ZHANG Wed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Yingying wrote:“Rhetorical situation”, which involves four key elements: writer, reader, text, and medium. Above all, as a writer, we should realize our role as a writer and our writing purpose; secondly, we should clearly know our intended audience and how will our writing appeal to their interests. Thirdly, consider the genre our rhetorical situation requires and think about how much freedom we have in our text. Fourthly, after considering the degrees of specification and restriction of the article, we should choose the appropriate and effective media. When we write an article and consider these elements, we are analyzing our rhetorical situation, as a result, our article will be enriched. However, in our daily life, we regularly analyze our rhetorical situation unconsciously and intuitively when we communicate with others. Using our “rhetorical analysis” to guide our writing can make it more efficient. The more fully we understand our situation, the better choices we can make.

For me, I appeal most to pathos when I write online. I like to use some stories to  interact with readers to arise their attention and engage them emotionally with my subject. so when I use vivid examples in my writing, a readable  article will appeal to most readers cause most people prefer interesting stories, instead of an article being full of boring and unexciting  content.
Great idea I like it.

Leo ZHANG
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo ZHANG Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Yingying wrote:This video is about about President Obama fielded questions from GOP lawmakers at the house Republican’s retreat in Baltimore. He delivered a defiant, substantive and engaging performance. In Q&A section, Obama criticized politicians’ policy critiques, corrected their misstatements and scolded them for playing petty politics. It included unemployment rate problems, health care legislation, and Baltimore costs problem and so on. These problems were very critical. For example, the first politicians raised a question that he thought Obama’s economic agenda radical and poked fun at the GOP's own platform. The politician insisted that the monthly deficit is higher now than Bush's annual deficit. President Obama was humorous. He said that he was not a ideologue. The unemployment rate was not all his responsibility. No credible economists could back up the claims that the politician raised. President Obama is very wise and good at using convictive evidence to confute these politicians’ sharp problems. He is not a pundit; he is just a President, so take it for what it's worth.

Ithink it was not easy to under stand.

Leo ZHANG
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo ZHANG Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Sailor WAN wrote:
Yingying wrote:As a dessert enthusiast, I select a blog about “Cherry buttermilk cupcakes”. The most impressive part for me is that the blogger uses several eye-catching cupcake pictures, which quite arouse readers’ appetites. Besides this medium, the blogger also use very friendly words to express the advantages of “flat cupcakes” over “dome-shaped cupcakes”,which will minimally cause quarrel among fans of two types’ cupcakes. The writer seems to have a lot of freedom in the blog as long as she stays focused on the main topic of benefits of making flat cupcakes. The blogger clearly draws her topic by saying” Today we are discussing flat verses curvy cupcakes.” at the beginning of her blog, she briefly describes buttermilk cupcakes outside: loading with tart cherry chunks that piled with creamy cherry frosting. Then, showing us attractive cupcake picture. This blog mainly compares differences between flat cupcakes and curvy cupcakes. We have to admit that dome-shaped cupcakes are visually appealing; however, the blogger tries to make an argument for flat cupcakes. Flat cupcakes can also be pretty if we add more leavening and a little more flour. These will also give flat cupcakes the desirable dome-top. As for the bonus point, flat cupcakes allow more room for piles of cherry frosting, making them better texture than dome-shaped cupcakes. It makes us realized that what inside is more important than the outside.

In my opinion, the ideal audience should mainly be housewives, who have plenty of time to study how to make delicious desserts for their husbands and kids. However, as a young girl, I believe that we can also be the ideal audience, for the reason that we are creative and always want to challenge ourselves to attempt new methods to improve the mouthfeel of cakes. Lastly, after passing my eyes over these lovely pink cupcakes pictures, which melting color candy into a heart shape and decorating on the top of cakes, I discover that these whimsical cupcakes are the perfect way to commemorate Valentines Day! The ideal audience can also be lovestruck people, who want to make a unique DIY gift for their lovers.

After I carefully scan comments beneath the blogs, it is not surprising that only few people quarrel with each other for the sake of dome-shaped cupcakes, because the writer’s expression are so kind and friendly, she always uses persuasive examples to illustrate benefits of flat cupcakes. Also, she admitted that dome-shaped cupcakes are more beautiful. But we can also improve flat cupcakes' shape by adding small crumbs and leavening to them. Happily, most of them pay a tribute to the methods of flat cupcakes. People don’t care if it’s flat or domed, just as long as it tastes good. These superb pictures lead people realize that flat cupcakes can also be pretty and cute. It leads people to realize that the inner is more imperative than the outside.

It is easy to see that the writer use friendly words throughout this blog. Personally speaking, the most successful part in this blog is that, at first the writer emphasizes dome-shaped cupcakes for it picturesque looking, in my opinion, it is more acceptable for enthusiasts of domed cupcakes, which will avoid disputes among the audience. In the following paragraphs, the writer mainly makes a series of conflicting statements about the advantages of flat cupcakes, which will make the audience think deeply that mouthfeel is more important than the outside. As a result, on one hand, fans of domed cupcakes may try flat cupcakes next time; on the other hand, fans of flat cupcakes will use this method to let their cupcakes as attractive as curvy cakes. Happily, audience will exchange their experiences of making cupcakes with each other, instead of quarreling with each other. I feel like this is what the writer hopes.

here's the blog link:
http://www.aspicyperspective.com/2012/02/buttermilk-cupcakes-cherry-frosting.html

I am a dessert enthusiast too.
Rhetorical situation and analysis - Page 2 Buttermilk-cupcakes-cherry-frosting4
Looks GOOD.
I am hungry right now.
what a good food is.

Leo ZHANG
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo ZHANG Wed May 13, 2015 6:22 pm

When I was a five years old girl, my grandmother, who was good at calligraphy, especially for brush calligraphy, influenced me a lot during my life.  Whenever she wrote brush calligraphy, I always sat beside her. As a result, I was  influenced by her deeply and had a great interest in calligraphy. One day, my grandmother taught me how to write beautiful calligraphy, which shaped me into a girl who can always persist in doing everything and brought me perseverance.

Literacy story 2:
When I was a little child, my mother sent me to the cultural palace to learn ballet. I learned ballet for several years, although sometimes I hurt my body carelessly, my dance ability improved a lot. Thanks to ballet, which gives me a slim and healthy figure.

Literacy story 3:
As a young child my mother always told me stories to go to sleep. Sometimes it would be stories that were passed on from her childhood and other times she would grab a book such as peter pan, the three little pigs, Pinocchio and a plethora of other children’s books,  to read aloud as I fell asleep.  Now that I reflect upon it, there was always a moral to the story, whether it was honesty, loyalty, or responsibility. There was always a good value to take from the story, which in turn has taken effect in the person that I consider myself to be today. As I grew older the books got deeper, especially when I went to school. From the first day I ever went to school, to the last day of high school, and now into college there has not been one day that I haven’t had to read something.
I like the story you write.

Leo ZHANG
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  lzh Wed May 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Yingying wrote:
lzh wrote:

Literacy story 2:

Literacy story 3:

You are so good and learned calligraphy and ballet. I learned many thing in my childhood, however, I gave up most of them Rolling Eyes

well, actually i don't practice them for a long time. There are so much homework to do everyday. Mad Mad

Especially in American university, too much homework!!

lzh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  zzy8987 Wed May 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Yingying wrote:
WBK95 wrote:

Literacy story 2:

Literacy story 3:

I really want to study ballet because I think that was very elegant and beautiful. I did not sick on it, so I quit it in my childhood.

well, i only learned for a very short period of time. i think i should do more exercises to keep fit now
learn that wiould have a long way to go, it is not easy but worth trying
zzy8987
zzy8987
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ziqi Xiao Thu May 14, 2015 1:55 am

Yingying wrote:“Rhetorical situation”, which involves four key elements: writer, reader, text, and medium. Above all, as a writer, we should realize our role as a writer and our writing purpose; secondly, we should clearly know our intended audience and how will our writing appeal to their interests. Thirdly, consider the genre our rhetorical situation requires and think about how much freedom we have in our text. Fourthly, after considering the degrees of specification and restriction of the article, we should choose the appropriate and effective media. When we write an article and consider these elements, we are analyzing our rhetorical situation, as a result, our article will be enriched. However, in our daily life, we regularly analyze our rhetorical situation unconsciously and intuitively when we communicate with others. Using our “rhetorical analysis” to guide our writing can make it more efficient. The more fully we understand our situation, the better choices we can make.

For me, I appeal most to pathos when I write online. I like to use some stories to  interact with readers to arise their attention and engage them emotionally with my subject. so when I use vivid examples in my writing, a readable  article will appeal to most readers cause most people prefer interesting stories, instead of an article being full of boring and unexciting  content.

Nice Post!! I really like it and i think you explanation is good. You totally understand this rhetorical situation Wink Wink Wink

Ziqi Xiao
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Ziqi Xiao Thu May 14, 2015 1:56 am

here's the blog link:

I like dessert too!!! Can you make it?? I am so hungry now!!!!! What a Face What a Face What a Face

Ziqi Xiao
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Ziqi Xiao Thu May 14, 2015 1:58 am

Literacy story 2:

Literacy story 3:

Interesting stories. I have same situation as you in my childhood. I really miss my childhood.. Do not want to grouppp Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Ziqi Xiao
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly1994 Thu May 14, 2015 6:16 pm

here's the blog link:
i like cute cupcakes! and i think your video is cute too!

kelly1994
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly1994 Thu May 14, 2015 6:17 pm

zzy8987 wrote:
Yingying wrote:
WBK95 wrote:

Literacy story 2:

Literacy story 3:

learn that wiould have a long way to go, it is not easy but worth trying
it's not easy of course, but nothing's easy ever! so be more persistant!

kelly1994
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen Thu May 14, 2015 7:06 pm

hey where's your digital presentation? I hope to se your video about your cupcakes!

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  yzcmf Thu May 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Your topic of the desserts looks pretty good for me ,I like to eat the nice desserts too and the other topic of yours looks nice and wonderful too Wink Wink

yzcmf
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2