English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assignments Xia Jiayu

+7
milan_chen
lzh
WBK95
kelly1994
Yingying
Sailor WAN
Xia Jiayu
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Assignments Xia Jiayu Empty Assignments Xia Jiayu

Post  Xia Jiayu Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Rhetorical situation which proposed by Lloyd Bitzer, is the concept for a rhetorical event that consists of four elements: medium, reader, text and medium. With the situation of reader’s emotion, writer’s willing and content in the text changing all the time, we need to find a suitable medium to express our message well. For instance, formal mediums like hand-writing letters, are required to give out official announcements or offer condolences, but formal methods don’t work well when we are trying to attract interests from others. So the same article will do a better job when showed in a much more appropriate way. Rhetorical analysis is a normal way for readers to find out how those effective writers can always leave readers deep impressions though focus on pathos, ethos and logos. Pathos is the emotion author want to deliver, logos is the sense author want to show and ethos is the moral standard the author have. All in all, using these three properly is the key to success.
Pathos is always my first thing to consider and in my perspective, it seems to be more essential to emphasize during writing online. Today’s internet is no longer the Roman Senate: anyone type, anyone speak. Because of millions of messages spread out online every single day, no one will pay much attention how good ethos you showed or what a deep thought you have and the most attractive texts are always those contain strong emotions inside, humorous or encouraging. People who need kill time online all hope to find the emotional ‘resonance‘. So why not give what readers eager to?
Xia Jiayu
Xia Jiayu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Assignments Xia Jiayu Empty Blog

Post  Xia Jiayu Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Define Kairos:
Kairos and Chronos are two ancient Greek words stand for time. A sequence of moments was expressed as chronos, emphasizing the duration of the time; an appointed time was expressed as kairos, with no regard for the length of the time.
Based on this reading, what do you see as modern concerns with the weblog? Do you agree? What are your concerns?
The incredible growth of blog let the system hard to find suitable ways to face with new problems such as the peculiar intersection of the public and private in blog. Also the right of writing freedom and the influence to blogger’s real life became unstable and uncontrollable with the spreading out of blogs. I agree with that blog may destroy people real life if we don’t take care of our words. Besides national security or illegal issues, people still need to think about the blog content properly before click on “submit”. Since Internet is virtual world and people think their words are anonymous, so we may give vent to our depressed in this way. But as a matter of fact, the world is still part of society and what words hurts maybe not only the internet environment but also our real life.
And, what is the importance of voyeurism to how we understand writing or reading?
Mediated voyeurism explain the willing we have to reading or watching. With mediated voyeurism, we discuss online and be effected by amounts of information but still have the thought to identify true or false.
Xia Jiayu
Xia Jiayu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Assignments Xia Jiayu Empty Prewriting

Post  Xia Jiayu Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Hearthstone blog is my choice since I have been so interested in this fun card game for over a year. Nice-looking imagines, professional articles, competition reports and understandable videos are the main elements the blog uses to attract audience and share views.

The ideal audience is Hearthstone players and card game lovers. There are different sections for players from different ranks. For example, rookies can find beginner guides and learn how this game system runs and which cards can bring advantages easily. On the other hand, experienced players can get new ideas from the texts on original created decks. So this blog is friendly to both beginners and general players.

There are a big group of audience likes to make comments beneath posts every day. The players always love to discover new combos for entertainment and discuss the weakness then improve the deck. That is why the articles including new thoughts are usually shared quickly among the audience.

Comics online and blogs always work in a same way. They use amusing things to attract a certain group of people then keep feeding them with new amazing ideas in order to let them stay reading and make comments to help the blog or comics author improves himself in return
Xia Jiayu
Xia Jiayu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Assignments Xia Jiayu Empty Obama, republicans spar Q&A

Post  Xia Jiayu Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:53 pm

The first questioner, Mike Pence, started with unemployment issue and asked the president for supporting across-the-board tax relief advocated by republicans. The most impressive part is that the words came up with both logos and ethos. First of all, he told an upset story about how a normal family struggles with the poor economy these days and quoted words from the dad: “There's just no jobs.” to claim the bad situation in Baltimore. Secondary, he gave the data that unemployment is 10 percent now which is much worse than the last year and also worse than the president predicted to suggest the failure of the “piecemeal list of projects and boutique tax cuts”. At last, he asked the support for a stimulus bill offered by republicans. In the most of time, Pence maintained his voice as a quite low and slow level which expressed the doubt about the president’s policy very well. However when he mentioned the tax relief with names of President Kennedy and President Reagan in the end, his voice turned to strong and fast.
Obama pointed out “there was a lot packed into that question” which eased the tension at first. Then he claimed the huge job losses happened before his policies worked and actually the policies stopped the situation becoming even worse. After this he suggested how to deal with the “5 million folks in there” took place before “any stimulus” which really promoted his ethos in the speech. In the end, he refused to show his direct attitude to the new tax relief but claimed to “take a look at what you guys are proposing.” In addition, he declared he will not agree to a tax cut for billionaires and there is no way to do the across-the-board tax cuts and balance budget in the same time.
Xia Jiayu
Xia Jiayu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Assignments Xia Jiayu Empty Re: Assignments Xia Jiayu

Post  Sailor WAN Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:01 am

Xia Jiayu wrote:        The first questioner, Mike Pence, started with unemployment issue and asked the president for supporting across-the-board tax relief advocated by republicans. The most impressive part is that the words came up with both logos and ethos. First of all, he told an upset story about how a normal family struggles with the poor economy these days and quoted words from the dad: “There's just no jobs.” to claim the bad situation in Baltimore. Secondary, he gave the data that unemployment is 10 percent now which is much worse than the last year and also worse than the president predicted to suggest the failure of the “piecemeal list of projects and boutique tax cuts”. At last, he asked the support for a stimulus bill offered by republicans. In the most of time, Pence maintained his voice as a quite low and slow level which expressed the doubt about the president’s policy very well. However when he mentioned the tax relief with names of President Kennedy and President Reagan in the end, his voice turned to strong and fast.
Obama pointed out “there was a lot packed into that question” which eased the tension at first. Then he claimed the huge job losses happened before his policies worked and actually the policies stopped the situation becoming even worse. After this he suggested how to deal with the “5 million folks in there” took place before “any stimulus” which really promoted his ethos in the speech. In the end, he refused to show his direct attitude to the new tax relief but claimed to “take a look at what you guys are proposing.” In addition, he declared he will not agree to a tax cut for billionaires and there is no way to do the across-the-board tax cuts and balance budget in the same time.

It seems like we both choose the same parts of the video. I don't know whether you read mine or not. I am very happy if you read mine and give me some suggestion.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:06 am

Xia Jiayu wrote:Hearthstone blog is my choice since I have been so interested in this fun card game for over a year. Nice-looking imagines, professional articles, competition reports and understandable videos are the main elements the blog uses to attract audience and share views.

The ideal audience is Hearthstone players and card game lovers. There are different sections for players from different ranks. For example, rookies can find beginner guides and learn how this game system runs and which cards can bring advantages easily. On the other hand, experienced players can get new ideas from the texts on original created decks. So this blog is friendly to both beginners and general players.

There are a big group of audience likes to make comments beneath posts every day. The players always love to discover new combos for entertainment and discuss the weakness then improve the deck. That is why the articles including new thoughts are usually shared quickly among the audience.

Comics online and blogs always work in a same way. They use amusing things to attract a certain group of people then keep feeding them with new amazing ideas in order to let them stay reading and make comments to help the blog or comics author improves himself in return
I don't know what hearthstone blog is, so i googled it.Assignments Xia Jiayu BNDNGQ0I5Y0D1421292178469
It's like 3D.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Assignments Xia Jiayu Empty ONG

Post  Xia Jiayu Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:40 pm

The author’s general argument in the first part is “language is writing is, at best,
uninformed” and language “provides egregious evidence of the unreflective
chirographic and/or typographic squint that haunts us all.” Two quotes I found are “Without writing, the literate mind would not and could not think as it does, not only when engaged in writing but even when it is composing its thoughts in oral form.” and “Our literate world of visually processed sounds has been totally unfamiliar to most human beings, who always belonged, and often still belong to this oral world.”
Xia Jiayu
Xia Jiayu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Xia Jiayu wrote:The author’s general argument in the first part is “language is writing is, at best,
chirographic and/or typographic squint that haunts us all.” Two quotes I found are “Without writing, the literate mind would not and could not think as it does, not only when engaged in writing but even when it is composing its thoughts in oral form.” and “Our literate world of visually processed sounds has been totally unfamiliar to most human beings, who always belonged, and often still belong to this oral world.”

hi~
where are your three literacy stories Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly1994 Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:22 am

Xia Jiayu wrote:Hearthstone blog is my choice since I have been so interested in this fun card game for over a year. Nice-looking imagines, professional articles, competition reports and understandable videos are the main elements the blog uses to attract audience and share views.

This is a very useful blog that can helps me understand so many things in a simple way! thanks for sharing!

kelly1994
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xia Jiayu Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:29 am

kelly1994 wrote:

This is a very useful blog that can helps me understand so many things in a simple way! thanks for sharing!

Well, I'd rather want to know why you guys keep replying people on this board. Is there an assignment for this or something else? Question
Xia Jiayu
Xia Jiayu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Xia Jiayu wrote:
kelly1994 wrote:

Well, I'd rather want to know why you guys keep replying people on this board. Is there an assignment for this or something else? Question

We just want to friendly and give some advise to each other.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Sailor WAN wrote:

I don't know what hearthstone blog is, so i googled it.Assignments Xia Jiayu BNDNGQ0I5Y0D1421292178469
It's like 3D.

It seems so cool, I like it!

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  lzh Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm

kelly1994 wrote:

I have scan this blog, that's very helpful to control the principle of a card game!

lzh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen Sat May 09, 2015 9:34 pm

my favourite card game is Monopoly!!!! whats hearthstone?

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen Sat May 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Yingying wrote:
Xia Jiayu wrote:The author’s general argument in the first part is “language is writing is, at best,

hi~

yeah, im also interested in this question!

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Assignments Xia Jiayu Empty interesting posts

Post  WBK95 Sun May 10, 2015 5:14 am

You are so careful about the language and grammars, I like your posts!

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Tue May 12, 2015 12:03 am

i also like playing hearthstone, we can play together after final Smile

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Tue May 12, 2015 12:42 am

Yingying wrote:

i also like playing hearthstone, we can play together after final Smile

after playing hearthstone, we can have lunch together

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Tue May 12, 2015 12:49 am

playing games is bad for your health, you shouldn't play game all the time Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN Tue May 12, 2015 12:57 am

Yingying wrote:

hi~
I find it below you can read it now.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanzc Wed May 13, 2015 1:23 pm

I have tried several times, I'm a completely newbie Very Happy

Yanzc
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo ZHANG Wed May 13, 2015 6:28 pm

great game i have try this and can you play with me1?

Leo ZHANG
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo ZHANG Wed May 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Xia Jiayu wrote:        The first questioner, Mike Pence, started with unemployment issue and asked the president for supporting across-the-board tax relief advocated by republicans. The most impressive part is that the words came up with both logos and ethos. First of all, he told an upset story about how a normal family struggles with the poor economy these days and quoted words from the dad: “There's just no jobs.” to claim the bad situation in Baltimore. Secondary, he gave the data that unemployment is 10 percent now which is much worse than the last year and also worse than the president predicted to suggest the failure of the “piecemeal list of projects and boutique tax cuts”. At last, he asked the support for a stimulus bill offered by republicans. In the most of time, Pence maintained his voice as a quite low and slow level which expressed the doubt about the president’s policy very well. However when he mentioned the tax relief with names of President Kennedy and President Reagan in the end, his voice turned to strong and fast.

I don't like his saying it just a show....
bounce

Leo ZHANG
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Leo ZHANG Wed May 13, 2015 6:30 pm

can you give more idea about that ?

Leo ZHANG
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  lzh Wed May 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Leo ZHANG wrote:

can you give more idea about that ?

Leo, you always likes playing games, it is bad for your health. Rolling Eyes

lzh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next