English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#1 Rhetorical situation

+3
WBK95
Sailor WAN
dan940526
7 posters

Go down

#1 Rhetorical situation Empty #1 Rhetorical situation

Post  dan940526 Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Rhetorical situation, is the essential way when communicating with people. Analyzing rhetorical situation includes four key elements: writer, reader, text and medium. If I need to explain to my friends what is rhetorical situation, I will said that rhetorical situation is the fundamental way when you try to communicate with others, and to show your purpose, you need think about who is your reader and how to efficiently transfer your idea.

I appeal logos when writing online. Because online assignment usually concerned with the professional essay about my major. To write those essays, logic and reason is very important to support the topic. Also, to post valid facts and reasonable structures are useful to explain the ideas. That's why i think i appeal logos when writing online. But not means i don't appeal pathos and ethos when writing online, i think the essay combined those three parts is actually the high-quality paper.

dan940526
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

#1 Rhetorical situation Empty #2

Post  dan940526 Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:17 pm

1. Kairos is an ancient Greek words means “the right time and proper opportunity”. In the article author uses “Kairos” to describe that rhetorical action should "fitting" within its cultural environment.
2. Weblog is popular and common in today’s society. Every single person possess the right to create their own blog. The problem is weblog is easily become a tool that spreads improper news and unreasonable ideas to appeal people to believe.
3. The importance of voyeurism is that we shouldn’t let some weblog or news judge our mind to thinking. We should think some problems by two different sides. And never lost the spirit of suspicion.

dan940526
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

#1 Rhetorical situation Empty assignment #1st weekend

Post  dan940526 Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 am

I found a blog named “Sekou Simth’s Hangtime NBA Blog”, which presents the daily news, player’s twitter comments, and some articles from commentators. This blog is different from the NBA official website, the news from here presents more personal opinions and details surrounding the official news. The creator of this blog, Sekou Simth, building his blog by reprinted twitters and articles from famous and authoritative commentators and players, to predict some team’s tendency and trade.

In my opinion, the ideal audience of this blog are the NBA hardcore fans and professional analysts of basketball. On the one hand, as for me, I am a hardcore fans of NBA, the official news cannot satisfied my knowing of every daily news, so I’d love to view this blog to find more comments and surrounding news. Furthermore, a hardcore fans not only focus on particular team and players, but also love to see what’s happening of other teams in whole alliance. So this blog which including all details of NBA’s news and different points of view from commentators and players will be the best choice of hardcore fans. On the other hand, the other group of audience—the professional analyst will be interested in this blog. This is because they need to focus on every valuable news or comments to get reasonable prediction of players and teams. On this blog they can easily get different points from players and commentators instead of finding their twitters or news verbosely. Thus, the professional analyst will be interested in this blog.

On this blog, everyone is easy to communicate with others. The main audience of this blog, hardcore fans and professional analyst, usually reply the news or twitters to show their personal views, then they may discuss their different thought or emphasis their stand. Those communications can make the audience to be more closed. Also, the audience will feel happy when some people approve their comments. Thus, the audience will love to communicate on the blog and enjoy the feedback of other audience.

In conclusion, Sekou Simth’s Hangtime NBA Blog is one of the best blog for hardcore NBA fans and professional analyst. The details of NBA’s inside news, NBA star’s personal twitters and outstanding articles and comments from NBA’s famous commentators will not only satisfied hardcore NBA fans but also the benefit to the professional analyst.

dan940526
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

#1 Rhetorical situation Empty #4 The video of Obama

Post  dan940526 Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 am

I am very interested in the Congressman Pence’ questions about the career situation and economic problem in USA. At the first, Congressman uses a story to start his question, He said that an African American boy heard congressman pence will visit the president, his eyes lit up and said he wrote a letter for Mr. President. After that Pence talk to the boy’s father, his father said:” Congressman, it's not like it was when we were coming up, there's just no jobs. Actually at that situation Pence know he need to say a story to make the audience to be emotional, that the pathos. This moving story not only demonstrates that how tough the job situation in USA but also shows people are suffering of this situation. Furthermore, Pence notes that unemployment percentage change in a year which increased from 7.5% to 10%. Also, Republican offered a stimulus bill which cost half as much as the Democratic proposal in Congress. When Pence finished his statement, he asked the president the main question that whether willing to consider embracing the kind of across-the-board tax relief that Republicans have advocated.

In my opinion, congressman Pence nicely used pathos and logos to state his argument, which is not only moved the audience but also illustrate his main point logically. The story looks like very simple and weak to be an evidence to support his argument but it is easily to change audience’s emotion and render the atmosphere. However, the president Obama is a smart man too. He said that he think there was a lot packed into that question, and the audience laughed. Only a simple humorous sentence just ease the embarrassment. Then, he claims that he would write back to the boy and his family and showed he is happy to embrace those proposals. Obama try to use the ethos to prove that he can solve those problems.

dan940526
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

#1 Rhetorical situation Empty Re: #1 Rhetorical situation

Post  Sailor WAN Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:04 pm

dan940526 wrote:I am very interested in the Congressman Pence’ questions about the career situation and economic problem in USA. At the first, Congressman uses a story to start his question, He said that an African American boy heard congressman pence will visit the president, his eyes lit up and said he wrote a letter for Mr. President. After that Pence talk to the boy’s father, his father said:” Congressman, it's not like it was when we were coming up, there's just no jobs. Actually at that situation Pence know he need to say a story to make the audience to be emotional, that the pathos. This moving story not only demonstrates that how tough the job situation in USA but also shows people are suffering of this situation. Furthermore, Pence notes that unemployment percentage change in a year which increased from 7.5% to 10%. Also, Republican offered a stimulus bill which cost half as much as the Democratic proposal in Congress. When Pence finished his statement, he asked the president the main question that whether willing to consider embracing the kind of across-the-board tax relief that Republicans have advocated.

In my opinion, congressman Pence nicely used pathos and logos to state his argument, which is not only moved the audience but also illustrate his main point logically. The story looks like very simple and weak to be an evidence to support his argument but it is easily to change audience’s emotion and render the atmosphere. However, the president Obama is a smart man too. He said that he think there was a lot packed into that question, and the audience laughed. Only a simple humorous sentence just ease the embarrassment. Then, he claims that he would write back to the boy and his family and showed he is happy to embrace those proposals. Obama try to use the ethos to prove that he can solve those problems.
The story of the African American boy is very touching. I really admire the way that congressman Pence telling story.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:09 pm

dan940526 wrote:I found a blog named “Sekou Simth’s Hangtime NBA Blog”, which presents the daily news, player’s twitter comments, and some articles from commentators.  This blog is different from the NBA official website, the news from here presents more personal opinions and details surrounding the official news. The creator of this blog, Sekou Simth, building his blog by reprinted twitters and articles from famous and authoritative commentators and players, to predict some team’s tendency and trade.  

In my opinion, the ideal audience of this blog are the NBA hardcore fans and professional analysts of basketball. On the one hand, as for me, I am a hardcore fans of NBA, the official news cannot satisfied my knowing of every daily news, so I’d love to view this blog to find more comments and surrounding news. Furthermore, a hardcore fans not only focus on particular team and players, but also love to see what’s happening of other teams in whole alliance. So this blog which including all details of NBA’s news and different points of view from commentators and players will be the best choice of hardcore fans. On the other hand, the other group of audience—the professional analyst will be interested in this blog. This is because they need to focus on every valuable news or comments to get reasonable prediction of players and teams. On this blog they can easily get different points from players and commentators instead of finding their twitters or news verbosely. Thus, the professional analyst will be interested in this blog.

On this blog, everyone is easy to communicate with others. The main audience of this blog, hardcore fans and professional analyst, usually reply the news or twitters to show their personal views, then they may discuss their different thought or emphasis their stand. Those communications can make the audience to be more closed. Also, the audience will feel happy when some people approve their comments. Thus, the audience will love to communicate on the blog and enjoy the feedback of other audience.

In conclusion, Sekou Simth’s Hangtime NBA Blog is one of the best blog for hardcore NBA fans and professional analyst. The details of NBA’s inside news, NBA star’s personal twitters and outstanding articles and comments from NBA’s famous commentators will not only satisfied hardcore NBA fans but also the benefit to the professional analyst.

Another NBA lover. People usually choose their blogs by their interests, right? What attracts me most in a NBA blog is the professional analysis. How about you?

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:41 pm

dan940526 wrote:I found a blog named “Sekou Simth’s Hangtime NBA Blog”, which presents the daily news, player’s twitter comments, and some articles from commentators.  This blog is different from the NBA official website, the news from here presents more personal opinions and details surrounding the official news. The creator of this blog, Sekou Simth, building his blog by reprinted twitters and articles from famous and authoritative commentators and players, to predict some team’s tendency and trade.  

I like your description of the NBA Sina blog, I check them every day and I think it is very useful to see the daily news.
You are a good fans.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm

i find that many people choose blogs concerning NBA, i like KOBE Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly1994 Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 am

It's always easier to read a blog than to watch the whole game cause you never know how long the game will takes. so the blog really helps !

kelly1994
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:00 pm

Yingying wrote:

i find that many people choose blogs concerning NBA, i like KOBE Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I like tracy

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Sailor WAN wrote:
Yingying wrote:

I like tracy

People like NBA because they like playing basketball, but I only watch them.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  lzh Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:38 pm

WBK95 wrote:
Sailor WAN wrote:
Yingying wrote:

I like tracy

People like NBA because they like playing basketball, but I only watch them.

It seems that NBA is quite successful in China! It depends on Yao Ming, I think.

lzh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen Sat May 09, 2015 8:54 pm

NBA is great. i like sport sites.

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen Sat May 09, 2015 8:55 pm

dan940526 wrote:I am very interested in the Congressman Pence’ questions about the career situation and economic problem in USA. At the first, Congressman uses a story to start his question, He said that an African American boy heard congressman pence will visit the president, his eyes lit up and said he wrote a letter for Mr. President. After that Pence talk to the boy’s father, his father said:” Congressman, it's not like it was when we were coming up, there's just no jobs. Actually at that situation Pence know he need to say a story to make the audience to be emotional, that the pathos. This moving story not only demonstrates that how tough the job situation in USA but also shows people are suffering of this situation. Furthermore, Pence notes that unemployment percentage change in a year which increased from 7.5% to 10%. Also, Republican offered a stimulus bill which cost half as much as the Democratic proposal in Congress. When Pence finished his statement, he asked the president the main question that whether willing to consider embracing the kind of across-the-board tax relief that Republicans have advocated.

i agree with you. the congressman is very persuasive.

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 Sun May 10, 2015 5:13 am

milan_chen wrote:

i agree with you. the congressman is very persuasive.

It's very detailed, I think its a good description.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 am

your analysis is quite good, i searched the Sekou Simth’s Hangtime NBA Blog, i like the comments from NBA's famous commentators in the blog Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Tue May 12, 2015 12:41 am

Yingying wrote:

your analysis is quite good, i searched the Sekou Simth’s Hangtime NBA Blog, i like the comments from NBA's famous commentators in the blog Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball

actually i don't like basketball very much, i like eating

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying Tue May 12, 2015 12:50 am

i know yaoming, kobe Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down