English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The momnet of Special Language

4 posters

Go down

The momnet of Special Language Empty The momnet of Special Language

Post  Davidkhpark Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:41 am

One of the special languages that I have learned through out my life was the language about the video game 'StarCraft'.I started learning the special language of Starcraft when I was a first grader in elementary school. I learned a lot of the specific terms about the special units, the main characters of the scenario mode, how the story was carried out, and the basic startegies of the game.

I came to play the game Star Craft because it was one of the most popular games in the South Korea at the time. I played mostly at my home and sometimes in the PC cafes in Korea to play with my friends closely. The physical surrounding would be my room with a pc infront of me to play the video game.

Davidkhpark
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

The momnet of Special Language Empty Re: The momnet of Special Language

Post  Minsoo Soh Wed May 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Davidkhpark wrote: One of the special languages that I have learned through out my life was the language about the video game 'StarCraft'.I started learning the special language of Starcraft when I was a first grader in elementary school. I learned a lot of the specific terms about the special units, the main characters of the scenario mode, how the story was carried out, and the basic startegies of the game.

I came to play the game Star Craft because it was one of the most popular games in the South Korea at the time. I played mostly at my home and sometimes in the PC cafes in Korea to play with my friends closely. The physical surrounding would be my room with a pc infront of me to play the video game.

Since we are both from South Korea, I totally understand about your story during that time. I know StarCraft is still one of popular games in South Korea.

I think you should better talk about time when you are struggling to usage of words that are coomonly used from Starcraft users

Minsoo Soh
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Jiahong Guan Sun May 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Davidkhpark wrote: One of the special languages that I have learned through out my life was the language about the video game 'StarCraft'.I started learning the special language of Starcraft when I was a first grader in elementary school. I learned a lot of the specific terms about the special units, the main characters of the scenario mode, how the story was carried out, and the basic startegies of the game.

Based on your writing, I'm quite interested in Star Craft, and I wonder if you could introduce more details about it, that would be great.

Jiahong Guan
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  yufan qiu Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

I understand your situation. Though I am a girl, I do not pay attention on big games, but I houave the similar issue with you.

yufan qiu
Goose
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum