Traditional and untraditional Introductions

Go down

Traditional and untraditional Introductions

Post  Katrine Haarklau on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 am

“traditional” Introduction:

I chose to talk analyze a blog: mycarzybipolarlife.wordpress.com. “There was blood everywhere and two of the cuts were very deep and gaping open wide” is an exemple of what writing you might expect to read. The blog is runned by an single female from Scotland. She is diagnosed with bipolar disorder, Psychosis, Agoraphobia, Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety, Depression and Self Harm. She writes about serious themes that involve depression, self-harm and suicidal thoughts among other things. This is an interesting and highly personal blog, and it is fascinating to read about her life and thoughts. In this essay I will analyze her language choice, explain what that might be possible goals for her blog, and last take a deeper look at her audience.

alternative introduction

“There was blood everywhere and two of the cuts were very deep and gaping open wide…”
“I know that self harming isn’t the answer and yet I keep thinking over and over of that feeling of everything starting to release… that moment when I have finished cutting and just sit with my eyes closed for a few minutes feeling like all of the worries have rushed out of my system… it’s hard to describe it in words… I guess if you do it then you’ll know what I mean.” This is very intimae and personal quotations from the blog I have decided to analyze. The blog is written by an 30 year old women, diagnosed with bipolar disorder. This blog is fascinating me in many ways and there is a lot of questions I really want to find an answer for: why does she choose the language that she do? What is her goals for this blog? Who is her audience and how are they communicating?

How was the process of writing?

Well, I always have trouble with writing the introduction first, because I usually do this last, when I write essays. However, when I visited the suggested website with tips for how to write an introduction everything became easier. In my traditional introduction I tried to put in all the important factors you need in an introduction such as: Introduce the blog with som background information, make a audience “hock”, put in my thesis statement (main idea) and preview my whole essay. In the Alternative introduction I really tried to be creative, and in this case I new after a few seconds that my “creative little twist” had to be some examples from the blog, which I thought caught the audience interest pretty highly.
A list of tools you can use when you are analyzing blogs/webcomics:

- Language:
o Use of humor
o Use of sarcasm
o Long/short senteses
o Positive/negative words
o Smiley face?
o Formal/ verbal
- Bloggers goal:
o Is she directly / indirectly telling her goal?
o With her language?
- Audience:
o What are their comments
- Others:
o How is the design
o background
o colors
o Simple (complicated

Katrine Haarklau
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Traditional and untraditional Introductions

Post  Minsoo Soh on Sun May 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Katrine Haarklau wrote:“traditional” Introduction:

I chose to talk analyze a blog: mycarzybipolarlife.wordpress.com. “There was blood everywhere and two of the cuts were very deep and gaping open wide” is an exemple of what writing you might expect to read. The blog is runned by an single female from Scotland. She is diagnosed with bipolar disorder, Psychosis, Agoraphobia, Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety, Depression and Self Harm. She writes about serious themes that involve depression, self-harm and suicidal thoughts among other things. This is an interesting and highly personal blog, and it is fascinating to read about her life and thoughts. In this essay I will analyze her language choice, explain what that might be possible goals for her blog, and last take a deeper look at her audience.

alternative introduction

“There was blood everywhere and two of the cuts were very deep and gaping open wide…”
“I know that self harming isn’t the answer and yet I keep thinking over and over of that feeling of everything starting to release… that moment when I have finished cutting and just sit with my eyes closed for a few minutes feeling like all of the worries have rushed out of my system… it’s hard to describe it in words… I guess if you do it then you’ll know what I mean.” This is very intimae and personal quotations from the blog I have decided to analyze. The blog is written by an 30 year old women, diagnosed with bipolar disorder. This blog is fascinating me in many ways and there is a lot of questions I really want to find an answer for: why does she choose the language that she do? What is her goals for this blog? Who is her audience and how are they communicating?

How was the process of writing?

Well, I always have trouble with writing the introduction first, because I usually do this last, when I write essays. However, when I visited the suggested website with tips for how to write an introduction everything became easier. In my traditional introduction I tried to put in all the important factors you need in an introduction such as: Introduce the blog with som background information, make a audience “hock”, put in my thesis statement (main idea) and preview my whole essay. In the Alternative introduction I really tried to be creative, and in this case I new after a few seconds that my “creative little twist” had to be some examples from the blog, which I thought caught the audience interest pretty highly.
A list of tools you can use when you are analyzing blogs/webcomics:

- Language:
o Use of humor
o Use of sarcasm
o Long/short senteses
o Positive/negative words
o Smiley face?
o Formal/ verbal
- Bloggers goal:
o Is she directly / indirectly telling her goal?
o With her language?
- Audience:
o What are their comments
- Others:
o How is the design
o background
o colors
o Simple (complicated

I think we both have a similar writing habit. I also like to write my introduction paragraph in the end of the paper because it is much easier for me to come up with some thoughts that compromise all several paragraphs to an big idea.

In my opinion, I think alternative introduction is easy for us because we do not actually have to have hard time writing out the first paragraph. We don't have to stick to the original version of paragraph. we can just easily make new, creative introduction paragraph.

Minsoo Soh
Goose
Goose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yufan qiu on Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 am

Actually, I am quite understand what the traditional introduction is and what the untraditianal introduction is. After read your response, it gave me kinds of points that I can understand it more. But it still hard to talk by sentence.

yufan qiu
Goose
Goose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down