English 1000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Prewrite

5 posters

Go down

Final Prewrite Empty Final Prewrite

Post  Tolen Oliver Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 pm

For my final project, I am going to be making a blog on tumblr in order to address the question of wether or not the universe as a purpose. I will be posting different view points, pictures, etc. on the blog. Since the topic of my project is based on opinion, I feel that a blog is the perfect medium (what is more opinionated than a blog?). Also, it will present me with the opportunity to interact with others, if I want to.

I want to post on the blog not only what other people think, but also what my thoughts are, and what influenced me to think the way I do. I feel that this platform will be a good way to show many sources at once and be easy to view. You can just scroll through and see all of them, without ever leaving the page. Tumblr is customizable, so I can make it visually pleasing so that it is interesting to look at. So yeah, that is why I am using a blog on tumblr for my final project.

Tolen Oliver
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Final Prewrite Empty Re: Final Prewrite

Post  OliviaPeterkin Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 pm

I like the blog idea because its outside of what the majority of students in class are doing. I also think that its cool that you want to post the opinions of others in an open forum like that. When you say customizable, are you implying that you plan to put pictures and illustrations in your blog? If so, then of what? queen

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tolen Oliver Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Yes, I am planning on posting various view points. Actually, anyone can send in their opinion if they want by going to [Only admins are allowed to see this link] so yeah if you (or anyone else) wants to put in 2 cents, go for it. If you don't have a tumblr account, the message with be anonymous.

By customizable, I mean I can choose the theme (background, layout, etc. ) title, description, content, whatever really. I had the theme in mind when I said customizable, but yes I think I will probably include pictures. Pictures of space and what not, maybe something humorous here and there. Not completely sure yet.

Tolen Oliver
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  adamlowe Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

I like the idea of using the blog for this. I feel like this is one that would be hard to do a presentation like prezi for, therefore I applaud your use of the blog idea. Make sure you are using things from your essay but also not just copy and pasting straight from the original essay.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Final Prewrite Empty Final project

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:10 pm

I think a blog is perfect for this topic. As everyone know, this question of the universe is very controversial, therefore the blog is a perfect format to show different view points and ideas.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  adamlowe Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:15 pm

I just came up with this idea, but it might be cool if you made a couple different accounts and you used the accounts to comment on your blog post with different opinions. Very interesting way to show the different points of view.

adamlowe
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tolen Oliver Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm

@Adamlowe that is a good idea, I like that. I will consider it when start working on the project. Thanks!

Tolen Oliver
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Final Prewrite Empty Final Project

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm

The different accounts would give your comments or replies on the blog almost more validity. Simply because it will give the illusion more people are commenting. Another idea would be to have to other accounts be named after people who are "experts" on the blog topic. (i.e. blogging on the civil war, have an Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee account)

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tolen Oliver Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Another interesting idea that I will think about. I could use the essays written by different accomplished people on that website we used for our first paper, and make accounts for them using what they said, perhaps. Thank you for the idea!

Tolen Oliver
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielSherwood Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Absolutely no problem. I'm very interested to see how the project turns out. It seems like you have a lot of great ideas and if you can apply them right, this blog could not only be interesting but very informative. Best of luck to you!

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  OliviaPeterkin Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I really like the idea that you could make accounts under names of important people and make posts based on their view point. It adds a nice scholarly touch to the assignment. Embarassed

OliviaPeterkin
Dirigible Air Captain
Dirigible Air Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielSherwood Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:04 pm

Thats a great point! Make sure the different account names make comments according to what their actual beliefs and view points would be. It will give your comments a little more credibility.

DanielSherwood
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Final Prewrite Empty Blog

Post  AustinTri Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 pm

I feel like this is an interesting topic because not many people will be using a blog site so it will be cool to see if it works out in your favor or not.

AustinTri
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down